The Weight Loss Therapist's Approach: 12 Basic Tenants
1. We are always in control of our decisions and actions.
2. Healthful changes should be lifelong, not temporary.
3. Taking care of our minds is a necessary step towards taking care of our bodies.
4. We are often our own worst enemy and we stand in our own way.
5. All of our negative habits are learned, which means they can unlearned and replaced.
6. We need to prioritize self-care: taking care of our minds, bodies, and souls.
7. Planning ahead is your best weapon against self-sabotage.
8. Every journey starts with a first step: all valuable change is based on building blocks and baby steps.
9. Restriction leads to cravings and gives power to restricted foods.
10. Our tendency to put ourselves down and focus on the negative keeps us from achieving success.
11. Food should nourish us and make us happy; not create anxiety.
12. We are all capable of breaking the yo-yo dieting cycle forever!